Random House Children’s Books, 2009
Author: Jarrett J. Krosoczka
Rating: grades 3-4
Graphic Novel Format
“Serving justice! And serving lunch!” (Krosoczka 2009)
A crime fighting lunch lady, and a band of evil librarians what else is needed in a graphic novel for kids?
The crime fighting lunch lady is back in this action packed graphic novel. This time the Lunch Lady squares off against a group of evil librarians who seek world domination by destroying all the new video game systems. Will she stop them in time?
Graphic Novels In This Series:
- Lunch Lady and the Cyborg Substitute
- Lunch Lady and the League of Librarians
- Lunch Lady and the Author Visit Vendetta
- Lunch Lady and the Summer Camp Shakedown
- Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit (to be released Spring 2011)
- Lunch Lady and the Field Trip Frenzy (to be released Spring 2011)
- Have students pair up and have them think of a day-to-day job that would least likely to be a superhero and create their own comic.
- Compare/ Contrast Lunch Lady to other famous superhero stories, like Superman, Spiderman, Ironman, and Batman. Make a presentation to the class about your findings.
- Read one of the other Lunch Lady stories and try to find similarities within the graphic novels.
- Look through the newspapers and find a story where a normal person does a heroic feat. Present the article to the class and explain why the feat was heroic.
Watch a trailer for the Lunch Lady series